Will my assessment go up if I repair my property?
Good maintenance will help retain the market value of your property. Generally, your assessment will not be increased for individual minor repairs such as those that follow; however, a combination of several of these items could result in an increased assessment.
- Repairing concrete walks and driveways
- Replacing gutters and down spouts
- Replacing hot water heater
- Repairing or replacing roof
- Repairing porches and steps
- Repairing original siding
- Patching or repairing interior walls/ceilings
- Exterior painting
- Exterior awnings and shutters
- Replacing electrical fixtures
- Replacing furnace
- Weather stripping, screens, storm windows and doors
- Exterior landscaping including lawns, shrubbery, trees, flowers