Knowledge Base

What if I don't agree with my assessment?

Category: Assessor

Come and talk with an assessor. During this informal session you can learn how your assessment was made, what factors were considered, and what type of records we keep about your property.

After this review, if I still think the assessment is incorrect, what can I do?

The next step is to file an objection with the Board of Review. The property owner must provide the City Clerk with a written notice of intent to file an objection at least 48 hours before the Board's first scheduled meeting. The Board can waive the 48 hour notice requirement if the property owner shows good cause for failing to meet the requirement or provides evidence of extraordinary circumstances. Objections must be in writing and should be filed with the City Clerk within the first two hours of the Board's first scheduled meeting. The Board of Review usually requires an objection to be filed on standard forms which are available either from the City Clerk or the City Assessor's office.

Updated 2/7/2016 11:53 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!