Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes
Please refer to the Legislative Information Center for an accurate meeting schedule, as well as the meeting agendas and minutes.
There are no items to display at this time
The purpose of the City of La Crosse Arts Board is to focus on four principal areas:
- To develop the Arts District as identified in City Vision 2020
- To serve as forum to receive proposals and forward them to appropriate Council committee;
- To work as advocate for the arts by commenting on policies and plans of the City and by seeking non-City funding for its advancement; and
- To analyze gaps and opportunities in programming, support, funding, and promotion for the arts, cultural activity and economic development.
- Strolling Poem and Dances Steps - July 2011
- The Board coordinated the stamping sidewalks project around the blocks comprised of the Pump House, Riverside III and the Riverside Parking Ramp. The stamps are both poems and dance steps inlaid in the sidewalk for visitors to the area to enjoy.
- Storefront Arts - May 2011
- Presentation of Trompe L’ Oeil by specialty artist, John Pugh - April 2011
- Grand River Station - August, 2010
- Friendly Film Resolution - July 2009
Local Art Venues
The City of La Crosse Arts Board is comprised of up to nine members appointed by the Mayor and subject to approval by the Common Council. The Board must include one Common Council member and one La Crosse County Board Member. Up to four members may be non-City residents. All shall serve two-year terms.
Arts Board Secretary
400 La Crosse St., La Crosse, WI 54601