In accordance with City Ordinance, all dogs and cats that reside in the City of La Crosse must be licensed yearly by April 1. City Ordinance allows up to four (4) of any combination of dogs or cats per residence.
Pet License Fees
- Cat/Dog (Spayed/Neutered)
- Cat/Dog (Not-Spayed/Not-Neutered)
The Treasurer's office currently only accepts cash or check. For questions, please call 608-789-7528.
When do I need to purchase a license?
- Within 30 days of obtaining a cat or dog
- New puppy or kitten licensing must be done before the animal is 6 months old
What do I need to purchase a license?
- Current Rabies Certificate
Proof from Veterinarian that your pet is spayed or neutered (if Rabies Certificate does not reflect that)
Half Price Puppy/Kitten License
- Owners are charged half the fee amount only if the puppy or kitten to be licensed reaches licensable age after July 1 of the license year.
- Licenses can be purchased in person at the City Treasurer's Office or mail current Rabies Certificate and payment to
400 La Crosse St
La Crosse, WI 54601