Loose Leaf Collection
Leaf collection starts October 2, 2017 and will run weather permitting until Thanksgiving. A sweep is complete when the crews have worked from the north end to the south end of the city and they can make approximately four sweeps through the city in that time. Use the Leaf Collection Map to see where crews are working and for more detailed information, enter your address in the search bar and click on the street in front of your home. We update the map, both phone lines, and our City of La Crosse Street Department and City of La Crosse Refuse & Recycling Department Facebook pages daily during leaf collection. For phone updates call Street Dept, 789-7340, option 5 or Refuse & Recycling Dept, 789-7508 option 4.
Placement of Leaves: Leaves must be placed on the boulevard for collection. Pickup DOES NOT coincide with your garbage or recycling collection day.
For Ease of Collection:
- Parking in front of the piles slows down collection time so if you see a truck working, wait until they are done or park behind them. It will take them a moment to clear the leaves and continue on.
- Do not put leaf piles into the street, gutter, or over catch basins. It prevents clogging the storm drain.
- Do not pile leaves around trees or poles.
- Leaves mixed with brush or covered will not be collected.
Additional Leaf Disposal Locations: All bags (paper & plastic) and containers must be emptied out and taken with you, do not leave them at the drop off site. Locations other than Isle La Plume, will be marked out in orange snow fence.
- Isle La Plume, 2000 Marco Drive
- West Copeland Park
- Myrick Park
- Hummingbird Rd off of County B
- Shelby Ball Field Parking Lot
Leaves may also be taken to the La Crosse County Solid Waste Facility
. Contact them at (608) 785-9572.