Houska Park opened in 1937. Formerly known as Isle La Plume Park, Houska Park is located slightly south of downtown La Crosse alongside the Mississippi river. The park features a playground, a shelter, a softball field, horseshoes, and plenty of open space.
- Open Area
- Softball Diamond
Houska Park was started as a gift to the City of La Crosse in December 1909. John Paul Lumber Company and C.L. Colman Lumber Company gave the entire tract of land known as "Isle La Plume." Read more »