Tel: (608) 789-7508
Fax: (608) 789-7374
7:00 am–3:00 pm
2000 Marco Dr.
La Crosse, WI 54601
This site is designed to keep the citizens of La Crosse updated on the various activities of the Refuse and Recycling Department. You will find information on residential and special collections that take place throughout the year. You can also follow us on Facebook at City of La Crosse Refuse and Recycling. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to serve you!
- Trees on the boulevards and in the parks are handled by Forestry which is part of the Parks Department. You can reach them at 608-789-7533 or 608-789-7309.
- Cart Exchanges are billed a service fee of $20/address. Unfortunately, we will not have an online form. The property owner can make the request by contacting our office.
- How do I know what cart is mine? Call Harter's or the City for your serial #'s. Carts are assigned to your address by the serial # on the front of the cart. Do not take other people’s carts. With the new RFID scanning system, carts at the wrong location are marked and the Recycling Coordinator is notified.
- Missing Carts: If your carts are missing, check the surrounding area for the serial #’s assigned to your address. Call Harter's to see if they have a record of your carts being scanned at another location. If you are still unable to find your cart(s), please complete an incident report and wait to be contacted by the Recycling Coordinator. If carts are not found there will be an $85 fee per cart to replace them.
- Where can I find more information on the new system? For more information, see the tab to the left titled 2014 Automated Collection.