The Domestic Abuse Reduction Team, or D.A.R.T., is a specialized enforcement unit of the La Crosse Police Department. Other law enforcement agencies also participate on the team. The goal of D.A.R.T. is to prevent repeat episodes of domestic violence in families that are at risk. D.A.R.T. pairs police officers with victim advocates who visit you to offer resource information and support. D.A.R.T. is funded by a VAWA grant, which was applied for jointly by the La Crosse Police Department and the Domestic Violence Intervention Project.
To reduce domestic violence through a united effort between the La Crosse Police Department and victim service agencies, with the goal of making La Crosse a safer place for families and officers.
- Reduce return domestic violence calls to the same location
- Provide early intervention at the scene of domestic violence
- Lessen the number of repeat offenders
- Improve relationships with the families
- Initiate follow-up visits
- Identify and focus on specific problem areas including the linkage between domestic violence and child abuse