Realtor Listing Agency - Request for Proposal
The City of La Crosse is releasing a Request for Proposals for a realtor listing agency for the City of La Crosse to expire on March 31, 2013.
The City is seeking proposals from licensed Wisconsin realtors or Real Estate Business Entities. The winning proposal will perform Multiple Representation without Designated Agency, to ensure both the City and the client are served equally. Proposals must include the provision that up to one year of advertisement/listing on the MLS will be provided at no cost to the City.
Proposals must address the following issues/requirements:
- Experience with assisting low-income* homebuyers identify and select homes that are affordable to them and that meet federally created guidelines on housing affordability. (20 points)
- Ability to conduct qualification determinations for homebuyers to receive local grants or assistance. (20 points)
- Experience in brokering properties. (5 points)
- Experience working with local lenders, specifically related to qualification issues and challenges that low-income* homebuyers face in securing appropriate mortgages**. (10 points)
- Commission rate. (10 points)
- Staff/Offices located in the City of La Crosse (5 points)
Proposals are due no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, 2012 to the Community Development Administrator in the City Planning Department. Late proposals will be rejected. Proposals may be emailed or faxed, however the City recommends mailing proposals with a return-receipt or hand-carrying proposals. The City will not be responsible for lost or undelivered proposals. The City is not responsible for any costs incurred in responding to this RFP.
*Low-income as defined by the Office of Community Planning and Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
**Appropriate mortgages are 30-year fixed rate mortgages where the rate does not exceed 200 basis points of the “overnight averages rate” as published by bankrate.com.