As the result of a quickly developing heroin investigation that took place on February 15th 2016, the La Crosse Police Department Emergency Response team executed a search warrant on the same date at 7:25 p.m. at 113 4th Street South #1.
With cooperation from downtown business owners, La Crosse Police Investigators were able to quickly gather information on possible drug activity and further the investigation. Upon execution of a search warrant, 2.5 grams of heroin was located along with four handguns (one which had been reported as stolen out of Trempealeau County). Also recovered during the search was $2,332.00 in cash along with several other stolen items from an unrelated case. Five people were arrested with charges listed below. The case is still under investigation and no further information can be released at this time.
- Albert B. Williams III (02-08-1982) M/B 308 Troy Street Onalaska, WI
- Charges: Delivery of heroin, possession of heroin with the intent to deliver, felon in possession of a firearm, maintain a drug trafficking residence, and possession of THC
- Michael L. Jones (04-18-1995) M/B 1025 Johnson Street La Crosse, WI
- Charges: Warrant out of Texas for Aggravated Robbery with a firearm, Felon in possession of a firearm, La Crosse County Warrant, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Criminal Damage to property, Burglary and Disorderly conduct
- Whitney M. Dunagan (08-08-1994) F/B 113 4th Street So. #1 La Crosse, WI
- Charges: Possession of heroin with the intent to deliver, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Nicholas L. Marney (06-23-1986) M/B 21 Oak Street La Crescent, MN
- Charges: Oneida County Warrant
- Miguel A. Lopez(01-06-1987) M/B 1200 10th N. #5 Onalaska, WI
Originally posted on the La Crosse PD Newsroom on February 10, 2016.