1200 La Crosse Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Check Shelter Availability and Reserve Online
Leuth Park is located by the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse. Leuth Park is well known for the skate park. Outside of the skate park, there is many things to do. There is a playground, shelter, a softball field, and plenty of open space.
- Open Area
- Softball Diamond
Leuth Park was started as the First Ward playground. In honor of Edward Leuth, a long-time First Ward resident and member of the Common Council since 1941, the First Ward playground was renamed Leuth Park in 1949. In 1957, the Park Board Minutes show that a lot of unplanned work had been undertaken, as a result of the rerouting of the southern end of Lang Drive from the north end of 12th Street to the north end of West Avenue. A new beginning took effect in August 1999, when spearheaded by the Youth Initiative group, the Skateboard Park opened.