Department Policies

Payment Policy

All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration or reservation. All registrations and reservations are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration forms without proper payment will not be processed. Accepted payments include: cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Please make checks payable to City Treasurer. A $25.00 service charge is assessed on all checks returned due to insufficient funds. Once a NSF check occurs, all future payments must be cash or credit card only.

Refunds/Credit Policy

Prior to registration ask for more information if you are unsure about your participation in a program. Please note that by registering, you are committing to a spot in the program or activity and no refunds or credits will be allowed for cancellations. A full refund or credit will be offered for any programs cancelled by the La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department or if there are changes to the original schedule and the participant can no longer attend. No refunds or credits will be issued for special events, day trips, pool passes or memberships, or shelter reservations.

Non-City Residents

The La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department’s programs are supported by city property taxes. Non-city residents are required to pay an extra fee to support the activities. A non-resident is considered anyone who lives outside of the city limits (e.g. Shelby, Medary, French Island).

Class Cancellations

All La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department programs are subject to cancellations and schedule changes. A minimum number of participants in each program is required to hold the program.

Lost and Stolen Items

The department is not responsible for personal equipment, clothes, decorations, etc. that are lost or stolen during any program or reservation. However, please contact our office concerning lost items, as many times they are turned in by others. Items of value will be turned over to the Police Department after one week. Clothing and other items will be donated after one month.

Insurance Liability

No accident insurance is provided through the City of La Crosse. Participants must assume full responsibility for personal injury incurred while taking part in any activity.  

Individuals With Special Needs

The La Crosse Parks & Recreation Department staff strive to promote an inclusive leisure lifestyle for all participants. Individuals with a disability are encouraged to participate in any programs we offer.  Free interpreters are available for individuals with hearing impairments.

Say Cheese

Photos are taken at our events. If you do not want your photo taken, please inform the photographer.