Are you looking for a career in law enforcement as a Police Officer? Look no further than the City of La Crosse Police Department!
Our mid-sized department is made up of 99 sworn officers who serve in various roles such as shift patrol and command, investigations, and community services with ample opportunity to advance through the ranks as Officer, Investigator, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and above! The Department also boasts numerous special teams such as Emergency Response Team, K-9 Unit, Bike Patrol, Water Patrol, Segway Patrol, Honor Guard, as well as specialized assignments like Neighborhood Resource Officer, School Resource Officer, and Community Policing Officer. The training we offer is second to none with opportunities to be certified as a Field Training Officer, DAAT or Firearms Instructor, as well as Taser, Standardized Field Sobriety Test, and Drug Recognition Expert classifications. On top of these fantastic opportunities, the members of the La Crosse Police Department have the support and assistance of our internal Police Officer Support Team and the greater La Crosse Area Law Enforcement Chaplaincy.
Some other benefits that La Crosse Police Officers enjoy:
- Competitive pay with the opportunity to make over $54k after the first year
- Shift differential pay and education incentives
- 12-hour schedule on a 2/2, 3/2, 2/3 cycle which equates to every other weekend off!
- Ability to earn up to 6 weeks of paid vacation
- Annual Holiday bank of 11 days
- Cumulative compensatory time up to 80 hours and sick leave up to 120 days
- Opportunity to use sick leave for 4 Personal Business Days (8 hours per day) and 3 Family Care Days (8 hours per day)
- Other common Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Life Insurance benefits
Open Application Period
The La Crosse Police & Fire Commission is not accepting applications at this time. If you have any questions about what it's like to be part of the La Crosse Police Department, contact our Professional Standards/Community Services Bureau at (608) 789-7240.
For information regarding the recruitment process, qualifications, benefits, and more, please review the following information:
To receive notification of future open application periods, visit the City of La Crosse Human Resources job opportunities page and sign up for notifications.
For more information on the City of La Crosse area: