Concordia Ballroom Hall
1129 La Crosse St | Locally Designated 06/22/1995
Notice of Designation of Historic Structure
Paired square towers with bell shape roofs flank the gable end/facade; half-timber styled articulation in gable end and on tower; shed roof addition at rear; altered entrance. Architectural character has been altered by the addition of stucco to the exterior. This brick veneer building housed the German Concordia Singing Society and the Concordia Aid Society. This building is a major example of German immigration in La Crosse. Concordia Hall played an important role in the social life of La Crosse's German-American Community. It was a center of social activity. It still plays a role in the social life of the city by hosting musical and dance activities.
-(Historical notes from the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory)