1327 Cass St | Locally Designated 03/31/1997
Local Register of Historic Places Nomination Form
Notice of Designation of Historic Structure
Two-story gable roofed west extension with shingle covered shed roofed dormer; two front cross gables; flat roofed rectangular bay with multiple round arched windows extends from second story of front facade; shed roof at center of facade links gabled entrance porch with porte cochere; two-story enclosed east side porch with screened lower story and one-story addition on east side; rear gable roofed two-story extension with one-story addition. The original architectural character has been altered by the remodeling of the structure through the years. F. Lucian Easton was the son of Jason Easton, a lumber mill operator and member of La Crosse's first municipal Park Commission. Frederick Copeland was the son of the lumber mill owner F.L. Copeland who took over C.C. Washburn's Mill between St. Paul and Windsor Street on the Black River.
-(Historical notes from the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory)
This site is located within the Cass and King Residential Historic District.