Fred Kroner Hardware Company
300 3rd St S | Locally Designated 08/26/2002
Local Register of Historic Places Nomination Form
Plain projecting metal cornice; flat arched plain windows, altered store front. Segmental arched windows on side elevations; Interior white pine timber more than two feet thick extending continuously from basement to roof. Built for the Kroner family for use as a wholesale warehouse in 1893, the structure restored for use as a restaurant and apartment complex is one of the best preserved examples of 12890s utilitarian architecture in the city of LaCrosse.
Converted to apartments and restaurant use in 1979.
-(Historical notes from the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory)