1006 Pettibone Dr S | Locally Designated 11/16/1995
Notice of Designation of Historic Structure
The red stone Park Pavilion features round arched openings supported by short columns on stone bases, creating the eight elevations of the octagonal Victorian Romanesque structure. Supported by open interior wooden beams, the metal domed octagonal roof is vaulted above the main structure, appearing to float over the bracketed octagonal roof of the open pavilion. Located in Pettibone Park, which was established by A.W. Pettibone in 1890, the Pettibone Park Pavilion is a significant Victorian Romanesque Revival structure, important as an architectural representative of community life at the turn of the century. A.W. Pettibone purchased Barron Island from D.J. Cameron, intending to turn it into a public park. Joseph Frisch, cut-stone contractor Tausche Hardware, steel roof. O.J. Oyen, decoration of interior of dome.
-(Historical notes from the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory)