Rediske Cobble Shop
6th and Badgers St | Locally Designated 08/4/1995
Notice of Designation of Historic Structure
Additional Historical Context
False front with plain wooden projecting cornice. Original two over two windows. Threatened with demolition as of Spring 2002. Shop moved several times including 1900 when it was moved to its present location. To be moved to the grounds of the Hixon House in LaCrosse. 2016- "The one-story Rediske Cobbler Shop was constructed in 1889 and originally located at 507 N. 121h Street in La Crosse. This building has a rectangular plan, is clad in wood clapboard, and rests on a replaced poured concrete foundation. The front (northwest) facade is marked by a false front with a plain projecting wood cornice. The main entrance is off-center, and the windows are two-over-two, double-hung sash with simple wooden surrounds. The building was constructed in 1889 by Carl H. Rediske as a cobbler shop. Rediske specialized in hand-made shoes. In 2002 the building was relocated to the subject location, adjacent to the National Register-listed Hixon House (outside the APE), for preservation." -"N 6th St: State St to Badger St", WisDOT#5991-05-27, Prepared by Mead & Hunt, Inc., (2016).
-(Historical notes from the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory)