Loose Leaf Collection
Leaf collection begins on Monday, October 28th and runs until November 22nd. There will be 5 teams, each in their own section, working throughout the city. Each team will collect their section then move on to assist other teams until one collection has been completed. They will then return to their own section and start collection again. Leaf section information can be found on the map.
The City crews are asking residents to help this year by voluntarily observing alternate side parking rules. Parked cars have a large impact on the speed and effectiveness of leave collection; whenever possible, please park on the odd side of the street on odd days and even side of the street on even days.
Placement of Leaves: Leaves must be placed on the boulevard for collection. Pickup DOES NOT coincide with your garbage or recycling collection day. Please see additional placement and compliance information by going to our Municipal Code page.
For Ease of Collection:
- Parking in front of the piles slows down collection time so if you see a truck working, wait until they are done or park behind them. It will take them a moment to clear the leaves and continue on.
- Do not put leaf piles into the street, gutter, or over catch basins. It prevents clogging the storm drain.
- Do not pile leaves around trees or poles. Try to place leaf piles within 3 feet of the curb line.
- Leaves mixed with brush or covered will not be collected.
Leaf Disposal Locations: These sites are only available during leaf season and will open October 14th. All bags (paper & plastic) and containers must be emptied out and taken with you, do not leave them at the drop off site. Locations other than Isle La Plume, will be marked out in orange snow fence.
Wittenberg Park (parking lot)
Hummingbird Rd off of County B
- South end of West Copeland Park (by boat harbor)
Kane Street Garden
- Myrick Park (parking lot east of the gun shelter)
- Isle La Plume (pile south of the yard waste site)
SW corner of Bennett St & 16th St S (Trane parking lot)
Shelby Ball Field Parking lot off of 33rd St
East end of Sunnyside Dr off of Hwy 35
After the Isle La Plume Brush & Yard Waste site at 2000 Marco Dr. closes for the season, you can still drop off leaves just south of the site, M-F 11am-6pm and Sat/Sun 11am-4pm. Leaves may also be taken to the La Crosse County Solid Waste Facility. Contact them at (608) 785-9572.