Are you a big picture thinker who likes to be involved in day-to day operations?
This opportunity will allow you to oversee your team, write grants, negotiate rates and set/achieve goals!
If you are a strategic thinker ready to roll-up your sleeves, keep reading below!
As a Transit Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Plan and oversee the day-to-day activities, operations, and development of programs pertaining to public transportation, including improvements, promotion and safety.
- Prepare the annual operating and capital improvement budgets while enforcing cost controls.
- Serve as liaison with state and federal agencies regarding transit matters and aid programs, ensuring input of transit system related interests by serving on local, state, and professional boards.
- Prepare annual state and federal operating and capital grant applications.
- Negotiate major leases, service contracts and other agreements with surrounding communities and transit vendors by maintaining effective and professional relationships.
As the Transit Manager you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan-medical, Wisconsin Retirement Plan, deferred compensation, life insurance, dental, paid holidays, sick pay and vacation days
- Executive status within the beautiful city of La Crosse, WI
Transit Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field with five years of transit operations experience; or combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- Three to five years public transit supervisory experience
- Valid Wisconsin Commercial B Driver’s License with passenger endorsement required (to be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Proven organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
For immediate consideration for this Transit Manager position call Rebecca at ABR Employment Services 608-279-3030 or e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Printer friendly version
Download an application
Return to Career Opportunities