Transfer of Beer and Liquor Licenses - Premise to Premise

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Any license may be transferred by the Council from one premise to another, but no license shall be transferred more than once in any one license year.

If seeking to transfer a Combination "Class B" Beer and Liquor License to the Central Business District (area lying between La Crosse Street, Cass Street, Mississippi River and 7th Street), a Conditional Use Permit shall be required. For more information, refer to Sec. 115-359 of the La Crosse Municipal Code.

License Fee

$10.00 is due at the time of application (cash, check payable to City Treasurer or credit with convenience fee).

How to Apply

Application for Transfer of License shall be made in writing on the form prescribed by law and filed with the City Clerk's Office who may issue the same after appropriate review by the La Crosse County Health Department, Police Department and Fire Prevention and Building Safety Bureau and approval by the Common Council. All applications for this license must be in writing to the City Clerk not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the granting of this license.

Note: If applicant does not own premise, control of premise documentation is required e.g. lease, land contract, etc.


For more information, contact (608) 789-7510.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer