The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has a few handy tips for dealing with road construction. Here are a few strategies you can use to help you get through construction zones with a minimum of stress.
- Know where the construction zones are located and allow extra time to get through them.
- Avoid the peak travel hours between 1:00PM & 8:00PM, Friday - Sunday.
- Watch for special messages on electronic message boards as you approach major construction zones.
- Slow down, get into the correct lane early, and merge cautiously.
- Stay alert for surprise slow-downs and speed-ups.
- Take a scenic alternate route. The Wisconsin Department of Tourism can help. Call 1-800-432-TRIP.
- Wisconsin has a tough drunk driving law. If you are arrested for drunk driving, you will lose your license on the spot.
- Buckle up for safety.