Underground Lawn Sprinkler

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A permit is needed when underground sprinkler equipment is located in the public right-of-way.

Fact Sheet

How much does it cost?

The permit fee is $50.00. Annual permit renewal fee is $50.00.

What documents are required?

  • Property Legal Description from La Crosse County Register of Deeds office (fee is $2.00 per page)
  • Scale drawing showing location of equipment that is located in the public right-of-way
  • Application signed by owner and notarized
  • Copy of Liability Insurance listing the City of La Crosse as an additional insurer

What are the minimum insurance requirements?

Public liability insurance no less than $100,000 each person; $300,000 each accident for bodily injury; and $100,000 for property damage.

How to Apply

  1. Have your insurance agent fax a Certificate of Insurance listing the City of La Crosse as an additional insured to the Engineering Department at 608-789-8184 or 608-789-7367.
  2. Procure a copy of your properties legal description from the County Register of Deeds office. The Register of Deeds charges $2.00 per page. Typically the legal description is only one page.
  3. Call the Engineering Department one (1) day prior to have application prepared in advance of your arrival. This will minimize the amount of time spent in this office.
  4. A scale drawing must be submitted showing location of equipment that is located on the public right of way. You may bring this with you or have your contractor provide this information to us prior to your arrival.
  5. The application must be signed by the owner of the parcel. This signature must be notarized. The applicant's signature can be notarized at the Engineering Dept. or the City Clerk’s office at no charge. The applicant may have his/her signature notarized elsewhere at their expense--if this is the case, we will mail you the application.
  6. The Permit fee is $50.00 and may be paid by check or cash. Paying by check will minimize the amount of time required for completion of the paper work.
  7. When the Engineering Department has collected all of the above information, we will forward it to the City Clerk’s Office who will have the document recorded. The City Clerk’s Office will return a copy of the recorded document to the applicant.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer