The City of La Crosse Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department is proud to offer two Neighborhood Centers, the South Side Neighborhood Center and the Black River Beach Neighborhood Center. Both facilities have rooms available to rent for anything from family gatherings and parties or business meetings and trainings. Many different programs are also offered at these facilities including enrichment and leisure programs for youth, adults and seniors, family events, concerts, adult and senior fitness classes and more!
For a complete list of programs and activities, please click here.
For more information on the Black River Beach Neighborhood Center, click here.
For more information on the South Side Neighborhood Center, click here.
Neighborhood Center Policies
- Reservations can be made six months in advance with a minimum of one week notice.
- Events in the Neighborhood Centers can be held between the hours of 7:00am – 10:30pm, Mondays – Sundays.
- There is a rental minimum of 2 hours for each room/facility; reservations must include your set up and clean up time.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the Black River Beach Neighborhood Center and the South Side Neighborhood Center.
- Renter must clean up immediately after the event and return property in the same condition prior to the rental. Groups/individuals will be assessed for any damages incurred during reserved hours.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Neighborhood Centers or on the patios.
- No candles or open flames are permitted.
- Slow cookers or roasters are permitted.
- No glitter, confetti, rice, or similar items may be used.
- Tacks, nails, tape or adhesives of any kind will not be permitted to be placed on any walls, floors, ceilings, doors or other furnishings or fixtures. Some rooms may have a tack strip or window clings available for decorations.
- Center staff will assist in set-up and take down of tables, chairs, AV equipment, etc.
- The kitchen is available for no fee to groups with the kitchen attached.
- No groups may charge admission, sell a service or advertise a product at the Centers.
- The South Side Neighborhood Center lawn may not be used for recreational activities that disturb the grounds (i.e croquet, volleyball, etc.)
- All reservations must be paid in full at the time of the reservation. We accept cash, checks made payable to City Treasurer, or credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Please review your receipt after setting up the reservation to ensure all information is correct.
- For cancelled reservations, a refund of 50% will be given with at least a 60 day notice.