The La Crosse Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department offers the opportunity to rent canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards at the Pettibone Park Lagoon.
Rentals are available Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, from 12:00pm-8:00pm daily. Please note that schedule is subject to change depending on weather. If you have any questions about our hours, please call us at 608-789-7533.
- All rentals are cash only. There is not an ATM located onsite, so please come prepared.
- The cost covers equipment rental and includes paddles and personal flotation devices.
- Renter is responsible for lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
- Renters must CARRY the equipment to their location, no equipment can be dragged across the concrete. The staff will NOT assist with carrying equipment so please come prepreated.
- All renters are required to complete a waiver before using the rental equipment.
NEW COVID-19 Protocol:
- We will NOT be collecting collateral for equipment rentals to decrease the contact between staff and users.
- ALL rental equipment (kayaks, paddle boards, life jackets, and paddles) will be sprayed with disinfectant before it is available to use.
- Our staff will be required to wear a mask when interacting with the public.
- Life jackets, paddles, and kayaks/paddle boards will be placed outside the fenced area for public to use.
- When you are waiting in line for equipment rental, please remain behind the red line to allow for social distancing.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms, PLEASE stay home and do not rent the equipment.