Senior Excursion Policies for the City of La Crosse Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department
- Participants must provide the following to register:
Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, Birthday & Emergency contact information.
- All participants are required to sign the City’s Waiver of Liability (as is) the day of the trip. Failure to do so will result in missing the trip and no refund.
- Refunds are not issued unless your ticket can be resold by our department to someone on the waiting list. The Parks and Recreation Department must be notified of all cancellations.
- You may not resell, exchange or give your ticket away. Registered participants on the waitlist have priority for seats that become available.
- All transfers must be handled by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- After the registration deadline, no transfers will be allowed without prior approval.
- In case of inclement weather, refunds will not be issued unless the city is able to recover funds from the tour venue.
- Trip participants shall be self-sufficient, or have with them a companion to assist with specific needs. This includes but is not limited to walking, sitting, standing, eating and using the restroom. Please note the companion must be registered and pay for the trip.
- Participants with special needs must make those needs known at the time of registration.
- Participants that use a wheelchair must make the office aware of their participation. Unfortunately, not all destinations will be fully accessible.
- Trip participants will remain with the group unless schedule includes designated free time.
Rules & Regulations
- All trips have a minimal amount of walking involved. If the trip has excessive walking or stairs involved, that information will be included in the trip description.
- Bus Seating: We do not have reserved seating on trips. Participants may select seats on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Buses will leave promptly at the time designated.
- Please return to the bus at the required announced time so the group does not have to wait.
- Return times are always approximated. Every effort will be made to return to La Crosse at the designated time.
The City of La Crosse reserves the right to limit future participation on trips if policies and procedures are violated.