IF A CRIME IS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS OR IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 9-1-1.
The Online Self-Reporting system is available for you to use to report non-emergency incidents without suspects.
To submit an online police report, the incident must have occurred within the City of La Crosse city limits. If the incident did not occur within the city limits of La Crosse, you need to file a report where the incident occurred.
You can use this online form to report the following:
- Theft—less than $2,500 value total
- Theft From Auto—less than $2,500 value total
- Damaged Property—damage to personal property with a value less than $2,500 total (graffiti, vandalism, etc. - NOT vehicle accidents)
- Nuisance Complaints
- Suspicious Circumstances
If your complaint DOES NOT meet the requirements described, or you need non-emergency law enforcement response, contact the La Crosse Emergency Dispatch Center at the non-emergency number (608) 782-7575.
Please note: vehicle accident reports should be completed directly with the Department of Transportation using their Driver Report of Crash form.
If your complaint DOES meet the requirements described, please understand that this is an official City of La Crosse Police Department document which will become the official police report for this incident. If you have insurance coverage, this form will assist you in filing a claim. Please note that you must include your FULL NAME and BIRTHDATE for the report to be officially filed. To assist follow-up efforts, provide as much information as possible. Photos may be electronically attached to the online complaint form.
Regarding the incident, include the following:
- WHEN it happened (date and time);
- WHERE it happened (street address within the City of La Crosse);
- WHO is reporting (your FULL NAME and BIRTHDATE);
- WHO is the victim/owns the property involved (may be you or someone else);
- WHAT was stolen or damaged (description, serial numbers, etc.); and
- DETAILS of the incident.
Filing a false police report is a crime (WI 946.41) and violations will be prosecuted.