Some linking attributes between the cities of Kumbo and La Crosse include:
- Similar population size
- English speaking
- Hilly topography
- Medical facilities - two hospitals including international medical personnel exchanges; a cardiac center at St. Elizabeth's with potential interchange with our local medical centers.
- Current, established relationships and exchange with Western Technical College staff in the Dental and Computer Programs as well as established exchanges with the Nursing Program at Viterbo University.
- Current and ongoing relationships/support with the La Crosse Friends of Cameroon re: encompassing medical technical support project in Shisong (Kumbo and beyond)
- Ongoing courses taught in Shisong by faculty and staff at Viterbo/St. Rose Convent.
- Ongoing La Crosse meetings attended by Cameroonian Franciscan religious for the furthering of medical needs support and human resource development etc...
- Current Cameroonian students attending Viterbo through the FSPA connection.
Click on the photo for more information.