The Legal Department advises city officials on municipal matters.


  • Are Municipal violations criminal matters?
  • Can I call your office to discuss my criminal charges pending in La Crosse County Circuit Court?
  • Can the City Attorney give me legal advice?
  • Do I need a lawyer in Municipal Court?
  • How do I file a claim against the City of La Crosse?
  • How do I get a copy of a city ordinance?
  • How do you sue someone because they did not pay me for work that I did?
  • I want to complain about a business, how do I do that?
  • If I have an attorney, can I still talk with the City Attorney’s office?
  • My neighbor has a tree that has a branch that overhangs my property and could damage my house. How do I make him/her trim the branch?
  • What is the distinction between the City Attorney and the District Attorney?
  • What type of advice or counsel can I get from the City Attorney’s Office?
  • Who can I talk to about trouble with my landlord?
More FAQs