It shall be unlawful for any person to establish, operate or maintain, or permit to be established, operated or maintained upon any property owned, leased or controlled by him, a mobile home park within the limits of the City without having first secured a license. See Chapter 107 of the La Crosse Municipal Code.
The license year shall be from July 1 to June 30 following and may be renewed for additional periods of one year.
$100.00 for each 50 spaces, or fraction thereof, is due at the time of application (cash, check payable to City Treasurer or credit with convenience fee).
A license transfer is $10.00.
How to Apply
Applications shall be made in writing on the form prescribed by law and filed with the City Clerk's Office who may issue the same after appropriate review by the La Crosse County Health Department and Fire Prevention Building Safety Bureau, and Common Council approval. All applications for this license must be in writing to the City Clerk not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the granting of this license.
Acompanying and to be filed with an original application for mobile home park, shall be two (2) copies of plans and specifications which shall be in compliance with all applicable City ordinances and provisions of the Wisconsin Department of Health and Social Services. Said park plans must show the following, either existing or as proposed:
- The extent and area used for park purposes
- Roadways and driveways
- Location of units for mobile homes
- Location and number of sanitary conveniences, including toilets, washrooms, laundries and utility rooms to be used by occupants of units
- Method and plan of sewage disposal
- Method and plan of garbage disposal
- Plan for water supply
- Plan for electrical lighting of units (If the existing or proposed park is designed to serve non-dependent mobile home units, such plans shall clearly set forth the location of all sewer and water pipes and connections.)
For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at (608) 789-7510.